Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pioneer Woman - New Recipe Website

I love The Pioneer Woman. For those who have never heard of her (are there really people out there who have never heard of her?!), her name is Ree and here is how she describes herself:

"I’m a thirty-something ranch wife, mother of four, moderately-agoraphobic middle child who grew up on a golf course in the city. I attended college in Los Angeles and wore black pumps to work every day. I ate sushi and treated myself to pedicures on a semi-regular basis. I even kissed James Garner in an elevator once. Then, on a brief trip to my hometown, I met and fell in love with a rugged cattle rancher. Now I live in the middle of nowhere on a working cattle ranch. My days are spent wrangling children, chipping dried manure from boots, washing jeans, and frying calf nuts. I have no idea how I got here…but you know what? I love it. Don’t tell anyone."

The Pioneer Woman website is wonderful. It is full of humor, recipes, beautiful photos and stories of life on a cattle ranch that will leave you smiling and wanting more. Her reader base is incredible and once you check out the website, you will know why.

Today I saw that there is a new website called Tasty Kitchen. It is a site where all of Ree's readers can submit their own very favorite recipes. You can search for a specific recipe, or browse by category. I looked though a few and boy do they look good!

Ree also has a cookbook that will be released in October and you can check it out here.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I just love the Pioneer Woman too. I think she was one of the first real bloggers that I stalked when I became aware of blogging!