Friday, March 14, 2008

Blessings in the Storm

I was hoping that our household would be spared from getting the flu, especially since we all received vaccinations, but Bonnie Kate has been diagnosed with it. I don't think I've ever seen her this sick. That sure is hard on a mama's heart...but God reminded me once again of His love and let me know that He is in control.

When I called the pediatrician's office yesterday morning, I was told that it would be afternoon before her regular physician could see her. Another doctor at the clinic could see her earlier that morning, so I made the appointment, even though I had never met that doctor. Imagine my surprise as the examination room door opened and in walked the mother of one of Bonnie Kate's soccer teammates!

You may be tempted to just say "Wow...it's a small world." But I know when my Father is sending a message...and I heard it loud and clear.

You just never know where a blessing will be found.

No comments: