Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Random Things

This was a note that I wrote in Facebook.  I was "tagged" by someone else who wrote their own list and the rules stated that I was to make a list of 25 random things about myself.  Here is the list:

1) I have two older sisters and one younger brother.
2) My favorite color is purple.
3) Left to my own devices, I tend to be an introvert, but once pushed, I can be the life of the party. 
4) I do not have a middle name.
5) I have worn glasses since I was 2 years old. 
6) I once sang The Way We Were at a high school graduation.
7) I won a trip to Hawaii in my 20s and it was the first time I had flown.
8) I have worked at many different jobs, including being a licensed insurance agent, a teller at a credit union and a certified nail technician.
9) I have taken several online college courses and have a 4.0 average.
10) I want to be a writer when I grow up.
11) I love the mountains.
12) I prefer cold weather over hot.
13) I have rodent phobia and go berserk if I see one.
14) I won an English award in high school.
15) Both of my parents are deceased.
16) I love to cook and I love to hear folks make yummy noises when they eat my cooking.
17) I have a wacky sense of humor and I love to laugh.
18) I have had pen pals most of my life and that’s how I met Mike.
19) I love words…reading…writing…speaking…and playing word games.
20) I enjoy scrapbooking and doing crafts.
21) Three of my very close friends have died…one when I was in my 20s…two more in my 30s.
22) I love my extended family and when we all get together (with sisters and their families) we have a ball.
23) My friends are important to me and they play such an important part in my life.
24) I like 70s and 80s music.
25) I want my life to make a difference and I spend a lot of time thinking about how I can best do that.

No comments: