Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ewww....

You haven't lived until you have been...um...upchucked on.

I think I believed that those days were over for me...oh no. Baby girl has been sick this weekend. She was fine when we put her to bed Friday, then she woke up around midnight with a very high fever (103.7). I was holding her a short time later and...well...I saw it coming, but there was nothing I could do...she got me, my bed, and the floor. This was a first for her and she was very upset. It takes a lot of strength (not to mention a strong stomach) to stay calm in those situations...but I did...and I managed to calm her down too. After getting her cleaned up and making sure she was okay, only then did I get a shower.

A mother's love is funny like that. No matter how selfish we may have been pre-children, something happens to our hearts after they are here. Their well-being takes priority.

The commercial is right...having a baby does change everything.

P.S. She is feeling much better today...right now she is dancing to a Wiggle's song. Oh...the resiliency of youth!

No comments: