Monday, December 8, 2008

Working Up Some Holiday Cheer

Holiday traditions are important to me. The day after Thanksgiving I do not hang out in the mall. That is my day to put up my Christmas tree. It has to go up that day...and then it comes down promptly the day after Christmas. It's a rule.

Well, due to circumstances beyond my control, this year the tree didn't go up at it's scheduled time. So today I was pondering whether or not it was even worth all the trouble for it to just be up for 17 days.

Then I remembered my sweet girl's eyes lighting up as she looked at a friend's tree over the weekend. It was a magical moment for her. I would do anything to see that sparkle in her eyes. So tonight we decked the halls...or at least the tree.




























1 comment:

Spring M Fricks said...

Good for you! I am glad you found joy in the midst of and I hope you have a very merry Christmas!