Monday, October 19, 2009

Chilly Weather = Soup

It is much cooler than usual in the deep south this morning. Temps are about 20 degrees below normal. Of course, I am enjoying it because I'm a cool-weather kind of girl.

Last night I started thinking about soup, so I looked through my recipes to see what looked good. I found this recipe and I'm planning to cook it tonight. I don't think I have tried it before, but it looks really good.

Please feel free to share your favorite soup recipe in a comment.

CREAMY CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP

4 cans (10 oz ea) Rotel (or 2 cans diced tomatoes & 2 cans Rotel)

4 cans (14.5 oz ea.) chicken broth

1 can (30 oz) refried beans

1 cup frozen corn

4 cups shredded cooked chicken

Tortilla chips

Shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Put tomatoes and broth in large pan. Stir in beans and corn. Bring to a boil; Simmer on low 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add chicken; heat through. Top with tortilla strips or chips and cheese.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

This sounds delicious!