Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Am a Friend of Jesus Christ

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15 NIV

As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.

Today I am pondering what it means to be a friend.

Friends want to be known and accepted for who they really are.

Friends want to spend time together.

Friends are there for each others when times get hard and to share a laugh when times are good.

Friends are loyal to each other.

Jesus is my friend and I am His...or am I?

I'm afraid that I am often found guilty of being unfaithful to that friendship, but He is always faithful. What an awesome privilege to call him friend.

No comments: