Monday, March 29, 2010

I Am God's Child

But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, [even] to them that believe on his name. John 1:12 ASV

I am God's child.

As I begin the journey to rediscover my identity in Christ, I can't help but think how easy it is to be a little flippant when we utter those words - I am God's child.

I mean,
perhaps it should at least give us pause to think about how wonderous it is to be a child of the Creator of the universe, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

He is my Father and I am His child. He loves me with an everlasting and unconditional love that will endure until the end of time.

I have access to Him 24/7. Not only can I go to Him with the desires of my heart, He wants me to depend on Him for everything...just as my daughter depends on me to take care of her.

The storms are raging in my life right now. Those close to me know that the future looks uncertain. I do not have all the answers. In fact, I'm not sure that I know all the questions.

But I am God's child and I know that He will take care of me.

For today, that is enough.

1 comment:

Fran McCleland said...

I am praying for you all. Knowing that nothing comes to us that hasn't already come through God's hands gives us courage and hope for He would never take us where He wouldn't be there to walk with us.