Friday, November 30, 2007

Super....Natural

I have always believed that kids have a clearer path to the things of the Spirit. It just stands to reason that they have less of the baggage that we carry around as adults, so there is less to block the way...or distort the view...to Heaven. They are less hardened and more sensitive to spiritual things (both good and bad...that's why we have to protect them...but that's another post for another day). I have heard stories of children seeing visions. In fact, my son had one when he was about five (he saw Jesus....yet another post for another day).

So anyway, BK and I were out running errands this morning, when BK yelled excitedly from the backseat, "MOMMY...LOOK! Up in the sky...it's an angel!"

Needless to say, I almost ran off the road. I jerked my head around looking up in the sky where she pointed. Nothing. Then "Mommy...there's another one!"

This time I saw what she saw. The angels were blowing trumpets...hanging on the light posts in the median...the city's Christmas decorations.

I laughed...at myself...at the situation. "Yes baby, I do see the angels."

Did I really expect to see an angel in the sky? Stranger things have happened...angels have appeared to folks for a long, long time. However, I think I'm probably more likely to run into one in the line at the grocery store...or ringing the Salvation Army bell at Wal-Mart...or sitting in a car seat in the backseat of my van, eyes wide open and taking in the wonders around her...bringing blessings to everyone whose lives she touches.

It might just be natural...but it's pretty super too.



No comments: