Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful Reminders

Hubby and I hung out with the little 'uns this morning at church. BK's regular teachers were out today and they asked us to be substitute teachers. What an experience...an hour and a half with a class of two-year-olds! Actually, it was pretty fun...and hubby said that they behaved better than his high-school students.

Our lesson today involved being thankful to God for the things He gives to us. Our Bible verse came from James 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Sometimes we just need to be reminded, don't we?

Repeat after me...

God is good...all the time.

All good things come from God.

And from the immortal words of the Madame Blueberry song (Veggie Tales - for those of you without toddlers):

I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
That's an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




No comments: