Friday, February 29, 2008

Hard Questions

There are seasons of time in which God speaks to me on a certain topic. It seems that I will be surrounded by blogs, books, songs, emails, sermons...all dealing with whatever it is that God is speaking to me about.

Right now it seems that He is speaking to not only me, but to many people that I know about the millions of suffering people in the world...and how as Christians we cannot turn our back on that any longer.

Once we ever get a glimpse of how Jesus feels about these people, I don't believe we will be able to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. If we look into their eyes...the eyes of the poor and sick and dying...how can we turn away and pretend that it's not our responsibility? If we look into His eyes and see the love that he has for them...how can we ignore that and live our lives as normal?

I pray that God will break through the hard shell that we have surrounded ourselves with to protect us from feeling their pain.

1 comment:

Elysa said...

I told my brother tonight that in order for me to not make some radical changes and do something about what God has shown me, I'd have to let a part of myself die. I just don't think I could go on as a whole person if I turned away from the path He has set us on.

BTW, I'm hoping to sell crafts from Swaziland to benefit the widows and orphans. I'll let you know what and when if you'd like to help me. I'm going to be hopefully manning a booth at Belhaven market and maybe setting up tables at other places such as churches, etc.