Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Agents of Change

If you have read this blog for very long, you know that I am pro-life. I have volunteered at the Center for Pregnancy Choices (CPC), but I have not stood on a sidewalk outside an abortion clinic. Not that I'm saying that there is anything wrong with those who do...in fact, lives have been saved thanks to those people.

However, I realized a long time ago that just talking someone out of an abortion cannot be the end of it. Christians must be willing to do more than that to truly make a difference. Many times the decision is made to end the life of a child because of financial hardship. This has to be especially true in these economic times.

I received an email today from Bryan Logan, a Board member of ProLife Mississippi. I called to make sure that the email was legit and it is. Here is what he said:

"I talked a young lady out of an abortion on June 3rd and took her to the CPC. She already has a 1 year old, 3 year old, 6 year old, and 13 year old. She does not have a car large enough to transport her children and lives in an apartment that has a washer and dryer hook up, but is in great need of a washer and dryer. These two factors (car and no washer and dryer) were the deciding factors that sent her to seek an abortion. I have told her that I'm sure there are many Christian people that will help her. I told her let's first deal with the washer and dryer problem, and then the car. We have to trust in God and take baby steps. Does anyone know somebody that would donate a new or used washer and/or dryer to this family. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated."

How about we put our money where our mouths (and convictions) are and be agents of change? I am posting a link to my PayPal account to make giving easier. On June 30 I will be sending all donations received to ProLife MS to help this woman on her journey. I will update to let you know how much we gave.

As the Nike commercial says...Just Do It!



No comments: