Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Fever

I have always been a proponent of celebrating the holiday at hand instead of rushing on to the next. It always comes as a surprise to me when I see Christmas trees up in stores in October, even though I should be expecting it since it seems to get earlier each year.

However, this year I have been wanting to put up my tree for weeks. I don't know why, but it just seems like the thing to do. Normally I wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year I will be out of town, so I am giving myself permission to put it up this weekend.

We always have so much fun decorating, especially now that BK is old enough to enjoy helping. Last year was the first time that she and I put the ornaments on together. We turn on Christmas music and pull all the decorations out - the old ones mixed with the new. So many old memories - mixed with new memories we will make this year. After the tree is all done, maybe we will make a batch of cookies - decorated with green and red sugar sprinkles, of course.

Christmas is a magical time. A time for kids and kids at heart.

No wonder I can't wait.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I am feeling the same way. I want to pull out the boxes and get started. But I will refrain, bc I don't want the kids to get burned out on it before the Big day. I am preparing for our Christmas picture, dresses, and menu.

Deanna said...

Everyone must have Christmas fever this year because it seems like everyone everywhere is putting up their decorations!