Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fear vs Faith

I attended a Ladies Conference at my church last weekend. The speaker was an incredible lady named Tempe Brown. If you ever get a chance to hear her speak, you will not want to miss it. She had so many nuggets of wisdom to share with us. I tried to take notes because I knew that I would not remember even half of everything she said.

One of the things she told us was her definition of fear: believing something is going to happen that hasn't happened yet. Then she told us her definition of faith: believing something is going to happen that hasn't happened yet.

I had to think about that for a minute.

Then she asked us the question "Where do you want to spend your energy?"

Wow...you mean it's a choice? It takes the same amount of energy to let fear control us as it does to stand firm and believe God...and the benefits of believing God far outweigh the other option.

Faith isn't some mystical force that we have to muster up. It is simply believing that God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do. Pretty simple, huh?

No comments: