Sunday, December 2, 2007

Nothing But The Baby Will Do

We drove to a local church tonight to see a live Nativity. By the time we got there, it was sprinkling a little, so we couldn't stay out very long. We parked and crossed the street. BK was so excited to see Baby Jesus. The live sheep and donkey were nice, but she wanted to see the baby. Mary & Joseph were alright...the shepherds were cool...but she had to see Baby Jesus. Her excitement was contagious. She cried and cried when we left because she just loved being there.

This year, I hope to let Christmas be a constant reminder that the baby who was born so long ago, came to give us life...and hope. I'm thanking Him tonight for letting me see Him fresh through the eyes of my sweet angel.

But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Luke 18:16-17

1 comment:

Heather said...

The Lutheran church? We drove by there last night, as well.