Monday, December 31, 2007

Pondering the Outgoing Year

As I sit here watching the clock ticking closer and closer to the end of a year, I can't help but to think back on the events of the year.

It has been a good year.

It has been a hard year.

Caring for my mother-in-law for a few weeks early in the year. I now have a greater compassion and respect for caretakers of sick family members.

Adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom and not having a convenient "title" to define myself. BK and I have laughed and cried...danced and played baby dolls...gone to story-time at the library and to playdates with little friends.

Realizing that I can handle working from home...although my house has suffered from neglect.

Becoming involved again in a church that I left several years ago.

Being made more aware than I ever have been (or ever wanted to be) of the living conditions of the poor in the world...specifically in India...though the travel and ministry of my great-nephew Josh.

Enjoying extended family...welcoming the arrival of a new baby and celebrating in the news of another one on the way...so glad that more family members have moved locally so that we can see them more often.

Celebrating the accomplishments of my handsome, smart grandsons...taking them to church with us...picking them up for one of our many adventures...watching them run and play in my back yard.

Love to you all as we begin a new year...and a new chapter in our lives.

Goodbye 2007...and welcome 2008!

1 comment:

Elysa said...

Hope this new year is your best yet ever and that ALL your relationships abound in grace and love.