Thursday, July 10, 2008

CPC Needs You!

I have recently started volunteering at the local Center for Pregnancy Choices. This is an incredible ministry that I have supported (from the sidelines) for years...wanting to help in some way, but not sure how. Now that I am there, I can see many opportunities for others to give of themselves.

Volunteers are needed in many areas. Here are a few, just to give you an idea.
  • Host a baby shower
  • Sponsor a diaper drive
  • Donate office supplies
  • Be a client advocate or mentor mom, working directly with the girls
  • Be a church liaison
  • Offer your services for childcare at the Center
  • Volunteer for the 24-hour Helpline
  • Answer the phone at the Center
  • Resource Room Organizer
  • Commit to prayer support of the ministry
  • Make a monetary contribution
  • Lawncare service
  • Provide labor for handy-man type projects
  • Offer to bring refreshments for the girls

Surely you see something in that list that you can do to help. Their telephone number is listed - give them a call today. You won't be sorry!

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these...you did for me.' Matthew 25:35-40 (NIV)

No comments: