Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving - Day 11

Today is Veteran's Day and I am thankful for the men and women who fight bravely and selflessly to ensure our freedom. I am proud to say that my Dad was a Veteran of WWII.

I am also thankful that there are still folks who are thankful for those who serve us by putting their lives in harm's way.

I will never forget the tragedy of the Vietnam War. I was a a teenager toward the end of the war and one of the things that haunts me to this day was seeing the way the service men were treated as they returned home...not as heroes, but rather to be blamed for the war. I guess those same people who were doing the hating forgot that many of the troops were drafted and did not even volunteer. They were simply serving their country.

Whatever we may feel or believe about war, the men and women who are willing to sacrifice anything in order to protect our way of life should be honored.

No comments: