Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving - Day 30

Well, today is the last day of the 30 Days of Thanksgiving project. I wasn't able to post every day, but 21 posts in a month is pretty good for me and hopefully I will be encouraged to write more often now.

Today I am thankful for Facebook. I know, it probably sounds nuts to some of you, but it has turned into more than just a "social networking" website for me. It is my connection to friends and family that I don't see often. Even with family members that I do see more often, it is still good to keep up with what is going on in their lives.

Facebook is also a great place to find out about where to find good deals. Last week I did some major online shopping and got most of my info there.

Tonight I saw that someone posted that Rudolph was on television. I didn't know that, so I quickly turned it on so BK could watch the rest of the show. I also posted a photo of BK in her new Christmas gown and a Santa hat, which generated lots of comments.

Since finding myself a single parent, my social activities have diminished greatly. I have to be home to get her to bed early every school night. Taking care of her is my priority. That leaves little time and energy for much else. So in a way, Facebook is my social life too...as pathetic as that may sound. I can keep in touch...feel connected...share a few laughs...and just have fun. And for that I am thankful.

No comments: