Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving - Day 8

Today I am thankful for friends.

Six months ago, I felt like my world was suddenly falling apart. I was scared and there didn't seem to be many options. Not only was I responsible for my own well-being, but for that of my small daughter as well. Did I mention I was scared?

I sent out some emails to tell a few friends what was going on. What happened next still makes me shake my head in amazement. Friends called...and emailed...and prayed...and encouraged...and offered all kinds of help...and gave money...and prayed some more...and helped me move...and opened their home to us...and spoke words of healing and hope.

I learned more about being a true friend during that time and I know that each of my friends are a blessing from my Heavenly Father who loves me dearly. And I am thankful.

No comments: