Friday, June 27, 2008

A McHeart Attack Waiting To Happen

I heard about a website at my First Place meeting last night that has some good info on calories of favorite foods. If you go to www.calorieking.com and click on "Resources and Tools" then click on "Create-A-Meal," you can chose one of several popular restaurants to click and drag the foods to your tray and see how many calories await you as you partake.

The first one I looked at was McDonald's. One of my favorite breakfast-on-the-go meals is a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit with a Coke. The total for that meal is a whopping 590 calories! This info will definitely put a damper on your drive-thru pleasure, but if I am going to jump on the healthy-living bandwagon, this is motivation for me.

My new resolve is to write down everything that goes into my mouth, along with the calorie count. Wish me luck. Actually, I don't believe in luck...so say a prayer for me as I begin this life-changing journey.

No comments: