Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Squash Delight

A friend gave me some squash and tomatoes from her garden yesterday and I was so excited. I just love fresh vegetables. I've pondered trying to grow some in my back yard, but I have so many squirrels that I think they would eat them as fast as I could grow them.

I thought I would post the recipe I used last night to cook some of the squash. It is such a yummy side dish. Even if you are not crazy about squash, I bet you will like this recipe...it is SO good!

SQUASH DRESSING
2 c. cornbread (can use 1 pkg. Martha White muffin mix)
2 c. cooked yellow squash (fresh or 16 oz. bag steamed)
½ med. onion, chopped fine

1 can cream of mushroom soup
¾ stick margarine, softened

2 eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 350. Crumble the cornbread. Mix all ingredients well and bake 30 minutes.


*You can also add 1 lb. cooked ground beef for a complete meal in one pan.

1 comment:

Just call me D said...

Hey Deidra! I love your blog. Especially the recipes. I am always looking for a good recipe even if I don't have the ingredients or the desire to cook like I should. Makes me feel like I'm being proactive about cooking :)
I'm guessing that you go to CBC? I work during the 9:30 hour in the preschool so I probably have seen your little one or even you at some point. Nice to meet another blogger!