Here's a cake recipe I just discovered...mmm...mmm...good!
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease and flour a 9X13 pan (or spray with Pam).
2. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and blend on low speed of mixer for 1 minute.
3. Scrape down sides with spatula.
4. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat an additional 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown and tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack and frost as desired.
By the way, I found a great website that has 43 cake recipes using cake mix: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=105373&ls=o&pg=2