Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Drinking Breakfast

I have discovered the yummy goodness of smoothies.

This new food plan that I have adopted requires me to have three servings of milk (or cheese or yogurt) a day. I am NOT a milk person, so this is a challenge. I shared this with some friends and one friend recommended that I try smoothies (thanks Fran!). So I went right out and bought a blender.

This is a great way to get my milk requirements. There are many ways to make smoothies...here is the one I fixed this morning:

Dump one container yogurt (fat-free/sugar free) in the blender and then fill up the empty yogurt container with skim milk and pour it in the blender too. I used a frozen fruit mixture of strawberries, mango and pineapple (you can use any combination...if you use fresh, just add ice cubes). Blend well.

Yum! It tastes like a light, fruity milkshake.

No comments: