Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Waiting For Love

I'm sitting here at 11:30 watching the 10:00 news (which is on late because of the Olympics) with tears in my eyes. Why, you might ask?

Wednesday's Child.

Most of the time I can watch these featured children with interest, but tonight's child named Cody just got to me. He was featured the first time on Wednesday's Child when he was six years old. He is now eleven...and he is still waiting. Maggie Wade asked him what kind of family he would like. He thought a minute and then told her that that he would love a family that lives in the country with a wide-open space. But then he lowered his head and said that he would really take any family.

It just breaks my heart...so many children waiting for their forever families.

They deserve to be loved. They deserve to be a part of a family. They deserve a chance for a better life.

They dream. They hope. They wait...and then they wait some more.

If we as Believers don't reach out to a hurting world, who will?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This hurts my heart. I'm saying a prayer for this sweet boy right now.

My heart aches with wanting to do more for children who want a family. I pray about this often. Thank you for sharing this and encouraging more action!

Blessings,
Leslie