1 packet yeast
1/2 c. warm water (120 degrees)
1 1/4 cups warm milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 1/4 cups bread flour (approximately)
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl.
2. Place all ingredients except for flours in the Kitchen Aid bowl.
3. Mix ingredients and then add wheat flour.
4. Slowly add white flour until the dough begins to pull away from the bowl.
5. Knead with the Kitchen Aid for about 4-5 minutes. Cover with a clean dish towel and let it rise for about 45 minutes.
6. Remove the towel and knead for about 45 seconds.
7. Using kitchen shears, cut off pieces and shape into rolls by pulling the dough into balls, with smooth side facing up.
8. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets; turn on the oven just until you feel heat, then turn it off immediately. Turn on the oven light and put the cookie sheet in the oven for 1 hour to rise.
9. After the rolls rise, leave the pan in the oven and turn it on 350 degrees. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until desired brownness.