Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today's Storms - UPDATE

I am not one to wish my life away, but I will sure be glad when today is over. We in Central Mississippi are expecting severe weather to head our way today. After all the storm damage in Simpson County recently, I think that more people are taking this threat of bad weather seriously.

On top of that, today is the day that I go to be deposed for the accident that I was involved in last year.  The man who hit me had no insurance, was driving with no license, and left the scene of the accident, but his wife (who owns the vehicle) is suing ME.  What's wrong with that picture?

My attorney tells me that it will all be fine.  I hope he is right. Legal things make me very nervous.  

UPDATE:  I have just returned home (just in time to batten down the hatches before the storm hits).  The plaintiff, nor any of her witnesses, showed up, so her attorney is filing to dismiss the case.  Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Our legal system seems to encourage this kind of craziness. Don't worry... God will take care of you and we will be praying too.

Elysa said...

Ah...now I know. I asked about this at your facebook wall but here's the answer.

Glad things worked out so well.