Monday, April 6, 2009

Sowing Circle

I am a firm believer in the principle of sowing and reaping. I don't claim to have all the answers and I know that I never will.  But I have lived long enough to know that whether one is a believer or not, this principle still holds true.

Recently I read something in a Mountain Wings email that caught my attention:

"Actually you don't reap what you sow, you reap the fruits of what you sow. You don't sow a seed and reap a seed. You sow a seed and reap a whole plant, be it quick, slow or in eternity."

I had to think about that statement for a bit before realizing how true it is. Sometimes it seems like evil is rampant, bad people get away with murder, and nice guys finish last. But the truth is that evildoers will reap what they have sown...if not here, then surely in eternity...and with interest.  

Conversely, those who sow to the Spirit and do what is right will also reap their rewards.  

I've got to tell you, this whole subject makes me a little nervous...and more determined to get my "sower" aimed in the right direction.

What are we sowing today that we will be reaping tomorrow?
  

No comments: