Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 Trust

We heard an incredible testimony on Focus on the Family this morning. This man was at work in one of the Twin Towers on 9/11/01...a day that none of us will ever forget. One of the jets crashed into his office, about 20 feet from where he was sitting at his desk...and he lived to tell about it.

If you would like to listen to the program, go to http://www.focusonthefamily.com/ and click on "Listen to Daily Broadcast." It is very powerful. The name of the broadcast is "When the Towers Were Falling."

I'm sure that there were many people praying that day for rescue and safety, but many of them died. At the end of the program, Dr. Dobson made some comments about the question we all ask ourselves at some point...why do some prayers seem to get answered and some don't? Obviously, none of us have the answer to that question...only God knows.

We may never understand why God allows tragedies in our lives, but we can be assured of this...He loves us with an everlasting love and He is good. He has a plan and a destiny for each of us. We can't see the future, but He knows how the story ends.

Dr. Dobson ended by quoting Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him." How much trust does it take to utter those words? Job really knew his God. He understood that whether he lived or died, God's purpose for his life would be fulfilled.

How much it must please our Father when we get to the place in our walk with Him that we can say "Not my will, but Your will be done"...no matter what 911 we are facing.

2 comments:

EE said...

this is very profound. Thanks for keeping my brain churning and processing.

EE

Elysa said...

I remember forcing myself to say those words, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him" during an emergency c-section with Baby #5. I was frightfully scared and crying but knew I HAD to trust Him no matter WHAT happened.

BTW, I love this post. May I post it at my blog today? I've been looking for something related to the anniversary of 9/11 and nothing til now has felt just right.

Elysa