Thursday, September 18, 2008

Comforting

I'm sitting here eating a bowl of rice and gravy. I just looked down into the bowl and the word "comfort" just floated back up to me.

According to Wikepedia, "Comfort food is typically inexpensive, uncomplicated, and easy to prepare. Many people turn to comfort food for familiarity, emotional security, or as a special reward. The reasons a dish becomes a comfort food are diverse but often include pleasant associations of childhood. Small children often seem to latch on to a specific food or drink (in a way similar to a security blanket) and will repeatedly request it in high stress situations. Adults eat comfort food for a sense of continuity."

I could have told you that.

What I don't get is why this forty-something year old woman feels the need to keep turning back to her security blanket over and over....and over and over.

Thankfully, I know in whom I believe and I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him. My God isn't finished with me yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!