Friday, September 5, 2008

Heroes

Has God ever spoken to you through a cartoon?

I'm not sure if I have ever written a post about Veggie Tales, but I don't think that I have. We love Veggie Tales at our house. Over the summer, we saw one of their newest movies, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. The kids loved it. I mean, what's not to love? Throw a few veggies with attitudes into some pirate costumes and set them out to sea for an adventure...ah...that's what the cinema is made for, right?

At the end of the movie, the King tells the pirates, “Hero's aren't the ones who are the bravest, smartest, strongest, or best looking. Heroes are the ones who do the right thing, the good thing.” This statement made an impact on me.

When I think of a hero, my definition tends to be a little more strenuous...maybe even super hero-ish. But the simple definition given in the movie helps me to see that we can all be heroes in our own lives.

Just doing the right thing...the good thing.

Life holds many decisions that we must make. Sometimes it all just seems overwhelming. Occasionally it is hard to know what is the right thing in a situation. However, most of the time we know full well the right thing to do...but we may waver in our convictions. It takes a real hero to consistently do the right thing. Life would no doubt be a lot less complicated.

1 comment:

EE said...

What would my life be without Veggie Tales! It was the Clingan Children who taught me the "Where Is My Hair Brush" song and the rest is history. My grandson Tripp and I have watched, sang and played Veggie Tales together from the get go.

This past Christmas when the offie decided that we could bring our "significant other" I decided to bring Bob. Bob, he fun and round and is always dressed in a Chrismas Color - RED and he is a celebrity - What's not to love!

Doing the right thing is doing God's Thing. You may not want to and you may not feel like it. But when you put you allow your nature and mind to think like God's nature, the Doing the Right Thing, always makes a great thing.

Oh what a Great Gift God has given me in brining you back into my life.

Still the Pitbull for Jesus as I have ever been.!!!!!