Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Tips

  • If you have never heard of the Hillbilly Housewife website, you must check it out. There are so many money-saving tips and recipes...I have learned so much from the info there.
There is also a weekly newsletter that you can sign up for by email. This week's edition is here.
  • My sister Diane sent me a great way to use leftover chicken tenders/nuggets.

Plantation Chicken:

Saute:
1/4 cup chopped (very small) white onion in 2 1/2 tablespoons of oil until onions are soft and clear.

Stir in:
2 tablespoon flour and mix until light brown

Add slowly:
2 cups water and 1 teaspoon liquid Gravy Master (to make the gravy brown) and whisk until smooth.

When the gravy is smooth and slightly thick, add the cold chicken tenders and you can also add leftover vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, peas. Sprinkle with Season-All to taste and cook until heated. Serve over rice. This is so yummy and you would never know it is leftovers.

  • My friend Elysa's daughter is going to Swaziland, Southern Africa, next July to serve as an Adventures in Missions ambassador missionary for one month. They are raising funds for this trip by making BEAUTIFUL hand-crafted jewelry. I personally know this family and I can assure you that the profits from these sales will be such a blessing, not only to Elysa's daughter, but also to all the little children in Swaziland that she will touch for the Kingdom.

Check out some samples of the jewelry here. These would make excellent gifts for anyone on your list...you know it's only 85 days until Christmas. : )

  • Living on a Dime is offering their book Dining On A Dime Cookbook: Eat Better, Spend Less in an e-book form for $10. This is a great deal. I have this cookbook and there are so many great recipes and tips for eating frugally. Click here to read more about it.

2 comments:

Elysa said...

Thanks for mentioning our cause, Deidra.

Anyone that is interested, just needs to contact me and we can discuss what kind of jewelry they want. I can make individually unique pieces but also easily make matching bracelets for all the girls on a cheerleading squad, every women attending a conference, or matching keychains for men in an accountability group...whatever! We're willing to do it!

As my English pal in Israel used to say when we were faced with a ministry task...

ALL FOR JESUS! :D

CoachK said...

I love your blog, Deidra! I will come back and look around when I have more time. I love trying new recipes so I will try a few out.