Friday, September 19, 2008

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I have been wanting a KitchenAid mixer for years. I finally took the plunge and bought one. Being the frugal shopper that I am, I found a refurbished one on Amazon.com for $152 and I got an instant rebate of $20...so $132 is not bad for a mixer than retails for almost $400. I mainly bought it so I can start making wheat bread. But today, BK and I decided to try it on some oatmeal cookies.

I am learning how to convert my recipes to healthier versions. The verdict? See for yourself....




Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

3/4 c. Splenda
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. Land-O-Lakes Light Butter (any kind is fine - this is just what I used)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
3 c. quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. raisins

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix sugars, butter, baking soda, salt, vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir in oats, flour and raisins.

Spray cooking spray on cookie sheets and drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart.

Bake about 10-13 minutes or until light brown. Cook 2 minutes and remove to racks to cool. (Makes 2 dozen - about 140 calories per cookie)

No comments: